3.16.2008

You win some.... you fly drunk some

So it happened like this, I'm browsing the web, doing all the internetty junk I like to do talking on forums and such, and I'm like "I know, I should be productive in EVE, do some ice mining while I'm internetting."

So I bring out my Mackinaw and my Bestower and I go to town, prett leisurely and I got like 30 some units of ice and I notice a belt griefer can flipping some of the miners and trying to coax them in a friendly way (which I was surprised) to take it back so he could aggro them and scram and smash them. One dude sounds like he was gonna fall for it so I warn him.... They're like 240 km away on the far end of the belt so I'm not concerned.
I start to haul in a load, half empty a container of mine, and then I get a phone call. I hang up, finish the load by hitting ok on the already open partial move window I had from my can so I can pack in my Mackinaw, and what is this?

Suddenly I notice a interceptor orbiting me flashing red! WTF?!? No way! what? so he proceeds to warp scramble me and to start ripping up the mackinaw.... crap... I figure if I eject maybe I can hop in my Rook (recon) in time and take him out before someone else takes my ship in the belt. (stupid idea I see now) I go out there in my Rook but I can't get him for any decent damage because he's out of my webifier range, zooming around at 4.h km/s and I'm fitted all with heavy launchers and one assault launch (which I use for defender missiles occassionnally) but my heavies are doing 0.1 damage to him and I had all damage types fitted. I do however have him totally perma jammed. So I'm thinking well crap, this is a stalemate.

All I can do now is head to the station and either refit (all assault missile launchers) and try to go back and nab him. I go back to station, refit, come out just in time to see him dock..... crap! I try to nail him, but he docks too fast. Now my alt is still sitting orbiting my mackinaw in a bestower. So I know it's still there, I'm like ok, crap, I hafta get it before him, but I'd rather lose it than my fitted Rook.

So I re-dock, eject in a pod (stupid cooldown!!!!!) and go out there, but just as i'm warping in he's warping out I was too slow. Damn. Oh well. I give my hats off to him, "mastergamer" king of the griefers for a day.

So as a result haven't been ice mining much lately, decided to mission run for a while.

No comments:

Xfire Status

EVE devBlog